Research Blog #7: Theoretical Frame

My theoretical frame is something I got from Zerrin Salikutluk, and it is called the Achievement Paradox. This theoretical frame helps me talk about why International Students come to the United States and what they hope to achieve. I use the terms Idealistic Expectations and Realistic Expectations to give two sides of the story of what I am trying to convey. One side like the name is ideal and gives the best possible scenarios for International Students and what they want to achieve. The realistic expectation talks about how your motives change as you get more and more into the culture of US colleges and how that can positively or negatively impact you. I am also looking for other articles and books that help me build onto this idea.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How COVID affected International Students

Blog Post - Literature Review #2

Research Blog #6: Visual