Research Blog #2 - Scouting the Territory

1.)My topic hasn’t changed since the first blog post. I refined my topic by limiting what I am really talking about throughout 

2.) Online I found many articles that talked about my topic, especially some newer ones that talked about how COVID-19 and the pandemic have affected the aspect of international students and how less students have been coming for various reasons. Things like wikipedia didn’t have much relating to my topic because of how recent it is and how unreliable wikipedia is sometimes.

3.) I found many sources through searching through the databases. Some of them are newer and would help me, but the older ones are a bit more obsolete because things have changed a lot.

4.)One of the topics that seemed important is why international students choose to come to the US, how it affects them, and of course the pandemic.

5.)One of the scholarly sources that I am using is a book by Yingyi Ma called “Ambitious and Anxious: How Chinese College Students Succeed and Struggle in American Higher Education” This was recommended to me by the professor and it really helped with my topic. Another source I am using is an article called “More International Students Were Coming to US Universities - Then COVID Hit” by Sara Reardon, it is one of the article that talks about my topic with the aspect of COVID involved.

6.) I haven't really found any controversies about my topic because it is not something that is new or very controversial. But some things that could be debated about is how people want to limit the people who enter or leave the country due to the pandemic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How COVID affected International Students

Blog Post - Literature Review #2

Research Blog #6: Visual